A couple of weeks ago I tripped up for a week during the Uni holidays to stay with my friend Shelby at her house in Queenstown for a change of scenery. There’s nothing quite like a simple trip out of town to leave you feeling refreshed and ready for the next semester of the year. It was so nice to be able to explore parts that you’d only know about if you lived there, and to see much more of a place that is so close, yet I’ve always taken for granted. I guess for tourists this is a part of NZ that is a necessary visit, but when you are surrounded with beautiful surroundings your whole life you really forget that it’s not like this anywhere in the world. Even nicer, the weather was uncharacteristically warm so it was perfect for adventuring. I have some other posts planned that we shot up there, but for now here’s a short photographic diary of a sort – as well as my highs and lows of the week.
- Enjoying the last week of holidays catching up with friends and family, not thinking about work
- Finally getting around to selling some items I’ve been talking about selling for ever it seems – time to refresh the wardrobe!
- Enjoying a couple of really great nights out, there’s nothing like random miscellaneous memories made that you can keep for life. A parent of one of my friends once told me when we were so much younger to always write down all the crazy times you have so you’ll never forget them and it’s probably the best advice I’ve actually listened to
- Celebrating Fran’s 21st birthday with too many wines, good food and even better company. I’ll never get over how much time you can spend with friends and never running out of things to talk about. Also, Maddie running over Britt’s foot when we were trying to make it back into town – it’s sounds pretty bad (she’s fine, just bruised) but it was sooo ridiculously unbelievable that it makes me laugh just thinking about it
- Having good company to hang out with when you’re super hungover
- Meeting new people
- Gyming with Fran because she’s a machine and is a very good influence
- Probably made a few to many embarrassing memories to match the funny ones this week – also too many bruises to match