I’ve been running high on coffee and adrenaline for most of this week and now that it’s Sunday night, I think it’s time to crash. I’ve been really busy this week despite my exams, and I’m happy to announce I now (technically) have a degree. I never really pictured myself finishing, kind of like I’d just be in this limbo where I always had another paper to do to finish, so I’m pretty stoked that the day has finally come to say goodbye to that all – and I got to have a lot of fun celebrating the end. Now it’s back to the ‘real’ work where I have to sort through all the work I’ve been putting off for the past three weeks e.g. my email inbox. Oh and with the end of my exams, comes the 6th Birthday giveaway winner, so keep reading for that and my highs and lows of the week.
- I just got back from road-tripping to see my friend Maddie with Tori, Britt and Hannah since she moved to a hole Timaru. Just kidding, I actually really like it there and it’s so much warmer than in Dunedin. We celebrated a little too hard, but it was fun and the best way to finish after exams.
- Oh yeah, I HAVE A DEGREE.
- Got flown up to Auckland on Monday, which was a very short lived one-day trip but nice all the same. Finally got to see my friend Sam again since it had been WAY too long and yes I’m going to be that person that doesn’t explain anything, but exciting things are about to happen.
- It hasn’t happened yet, so I guess it doesn’t really count, but I’m going to order pizza and binge watch the third season of Orange is the New Black for the rest of the night. Yay.
- I have yet to announce this on Instagram, I’ll probably do it tomorrow, but Sophia (kiwifashionkid) you won the Meadowlark ring giveaway with your re-gram! Wahoo.
- Salted Caramel limited edition Cadbury’s chocolate is my new favourite. Granted, I like anything salted caramel so it was always going to be good. Definitely recommend giving it a go, the other new flavours look pretty good too, better than the Marmite chocolate – what was with that?
- I guess right now I’m feeling really good about life, kind of as though everything is finally falling into place and I know where I want to be. Yeah, life is pretty good.
- I’ve become really good at pushing things to the back of my mind, hoping they’ll go away until it’s been way too long, I still haven’t dealt with it and I still feel the same. I think this weekend has made me realise it’s better to just deal with shit and move on, rather than hoping it goes away by itself – or even worse – hoping it will eventually work out in your favour. It hurts, and it’s not fun, but it just has to be done. Feelings suck.