I feel like it’s been a while since I posted a weekly recap, I guess it’s because this week has felt like a month long with the amount of activities/endless downtime I’ve had. Or, maybe it’s because the previous weeks have been short for the Easter break – either way, I’m currently enjoying a quiet Saturday night in catching up on life admin and Game of Thrones. Who ever said staying in is boring definitely isn’t doing it right.
- On Monday I was luckily enough to get to see Allegiant – the third instalment of the Divergent series before it hits cinemas on the 14th of April. I read the series back during university and I have to say I didn’t like the second or third books at all. The movie pleasantly surprised me as in I actually liked it, so it’s worth a watch.
- The best part of working in Newmarket is the variety of cafes to eat and this week Caitlin and I made it to Mojo for a quick bite to eat and a coffee. Firstly, I’d never been to that part of Newmarket so I instantly liked it more, that and the perfectly crafted rose on top of my coffee. The food and coffee was awesome and I can’t fault the interiors so if you’re in the area, make sure you pop by!
- Slowly collecting my winter wardrobe, I’ve been loving UNiDAYS. I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before on here but it’s my go-to when looking for discounts on your online clothing orders – I use it religiously for my ASOS, The Iconic and BNKR orders – but there are a heap of shops on there offering different rewards. If you’re a student and you haven’t already, you can sign up here (it’s free) and browse what discounts are on offer.
- I’ve collected some new go-to beauty related products lately, as seen in the image above:
- QVS duel brow brush and concealer brushes. I’d never tried their brushes before and have been pleasantly surprised at the quality of them – so much so that they’ve made it into my daily race routine. You can purchase them at The Beauty Collective here.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate and Super Fluid Sunscreen. I’d heard so many compliments on their Midnight Recovery Concentrate oil and because my face is so dry, this has been a lifesaver. Also, fun fact: I wear sunscreen on my face everyday and I’ve really enjoyed how lightweight this is for a heavy duty (SPF 50+) sunscreen – without making my face super oily by the end of the day.
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Flat Iron Smoothing Spray – such a long title haha. Auckland is ridiculously humid compared to where I’ve previously lived, but I’ve been spraying this in my hair while damp, before blow drying, and it seems to have tamed a lot of my usual hair ‘fuzz’ – trust me, it used to be BAD.
- My guilty pleasure program to watch has been Faking It on MTV. I don’t know why, I just really have been liking it – it’s a pretty easy watch.
- G-Eazy – Some Kind of Drug and Calm Down.
- Oh and, these super comfy Boohoo boots – I’ve already convinced one of my friends to buy they’re THAT good.
- My laptop battery is blowing up so my trackpad has slowly stopped working, and I don’t know if it’s worth fixing – tear tear.
- Bad timing. And I mean, super bad timing.