It’s been a while people. Hey, how’s it going? Remember me? Yeah, let’s just say travelling got the best of me and to be honest, I just really sucked at figuring out the time difference for posts and everything else. Plus, I was kind of living my life you know. Anyway, I’m baaaack and (trying to be) better (and post more often) than ever. Since it’s Sunday I thought the best place to start would be the obligatory “weekly recap” type of post. I have missed these…
- Coming home. It’s not usual for me to be moving around, I don’t really consider any one place home but ahhh it’s so nice to be back in NZ after travelling for the past six months. Best last minute decision ever.
- The weather here has been ridiculously hot the last few days and I’ve already been able to go swimming in the river. Hello Summer!
- Qantas. I flew with a Air China over to Europe and after that hell of a journey I refused to fly back that same way. Georgie and I spent the entire trip drinking way too much, chatting and watching every movie on offer. Plus, we flew into Queenstown and got to see the amazing view above, my favourite.
- Cherries freshly picked from the tree, warm from the sun = home. It always marks the start of the new season to me 🙂
- Amsterdam – one of my favourite cities. We went on a spontaneous trip right before leaving London and I already miss it.
- I started watching “The Affair” before leaving London and it’s a must if you haven’t gotten into it yet. Also, if you haven’t caught up on “How to get away with Murder”, you need to RIGHT NOW.
- Speaking of murder… I’ve been listening to the podcast Up & Vanished which is about this girl who was a beauty pageant star that randomly one day went missing and no one has heard of her since. I discovered it while waiting in the car bored sh*tless the other day – seriously podcasts have saved me so many times in the last six months.
- Childish Gambino‘s new album. It’s quite different to his last but it’s pretty damn good, especially for the summer vibes.
- Duck & Waffle. Finally got to go the morning before we flew out and it was completely worth the wait and the overpriced coffee. A must visit (even if just for the view) if you’re in London.
- Wine. I became a big wino while away and I prefer it instead of dessert now which is saying something coming from me. Is this what ‘adult life’ is?
- My new laptop, finalllly!
- Looking back at travel photos is lightly depressing – I’m already planning to go back.
- Eyesight has been so strange. It happened all of a sudden in Norway forever ago but finally need to go deal with it, eek. I hate life maintenance.