Staying in this week? So is the rest of the world. Without the usual FOMO, staying in can actually be fun (and you’re keeping everyone more safe too). Here’s a complication of my favourite stay at home activities to keep you busy, fed and entertained while we all try to get through this pandemic. We are all in this together and I’m sending my love to wherever you are in the world ♥
What To Watch
- Cut videos on Youtube is my hungover guilty pleasure. They make all sorts of short videos feat. normal people that are so entertaining. My favourite series is the Drink or Truth – definitely a great way to waste an hour.
- Love Is Blind on Netflix is highly addictive, cheesy watch that I love.
- Stuck In Love the movie is my go-to easy rom-com if you’re looking for something to add to the background of your quarantine.
- Shameless has 9 seasons so if you’re lucky enough to have not started it, then you’re set until 2021.
- If you’re looking for something deeper, try The Sinner. I actually only liked the first season but it’s 100% worth the watch – even when it gets super twisted.
- What If and You on Netflix are similar and if you like one, you’ll most likely like the other. They are very messed up dramas but highly entertaining.
- Marcella on Netflix is another crime drama I really loved set in England. This one is much more believable than the aforementioned so it’s easy to get lost in.
- Lastly, Don’t Fuck With Cats has to be the most random but extremely interesting documentary about how some online sleuths helped to put away a killer. A real life case of catch me if you can. It does drag on a bit but if you can stick with it, it only gets better.
What To Read
- Normal People by Sally Rooney.
- Ordinary People by Diana Evans.
- Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton.
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones.
- The Cut for your daily random news tidbits from politics to celebrities.
- Man Repeller is similar but much more relatable topics for including dating, fashion and beauty.
- The Little Plum is a fashion and lifestyle blog by Chloe that I love. She has a way of writing that keeps you coming back for more because it’s so funny and relatable.
- Into The Gloss is my OG go to for skincare recommendations and easy reads by Emily Weiss, the founder of Glossier.
What To Listen To
- The Weeknd just released his new album After Hours. You’re welcome.
- Weekend + Friends playlist on Spotify has been the best playlist I’ve found on there for a while. Great mix of hits and new music.
- Girls Gotta Eat podcast is one for the women that covers different dating and relationship topics. You’ve been warned, it’s not for the prudish or faint hearted.
- Crime Junkie podcast covers different crimes each week and if you’ve been here for a while you know I’ve always been obsessed with crime. The hosts cover each in a light hearted way so you’re not left feeling too bummed at the end.
- My Favourite Murder is my OG crime podcast (after Serial, of course). They’re comedians that cover different cases, which aren’t always murders. They’re funny though and there’s a lot of banter in between to keep it light.
- This American Life is another great podcast that has a bank of content decades deep for you to choose from. Each one has a different topic and you can stream them all from their site.
- Once you finish reading Dolly Alderton’s book (see above) you’ll be left wanting more, so it’s worth checking out her podcast with friend Pandora Sykes – The High Low.
What To Eat & Drink
- Granted you’re going to have to leave the house for this one, but only to the closest dairy. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – The Natural Confectionery Co. Orchard Blast Fruit Smoothie lollies are heaven.
- My flatmates have convinced me to try Hello Fresh and until this pandemic happened, I hadn’t seriously considered it. Now? I’ve signed up and waiting for my first delivery. If you’d like to give it a go you can get $50 off your first box using this link. This isn’t #spon, it’s just a great idea when the supermarkets are chaotic.
- We all love a bit of Ubereats, but especially when you can’t leave the house. They have a new option that drivers can now leave it at your door too which is exactly what I did today while I enjoyed my face mask in peace. If you’ve never tried it you can get $10 off your first meal with code “eats-kendraa1365ue” which also isn’t sponsored (I mean, look how hideous that code is, lol).
- Last night I made one of The Caker cake kits and it was a great way to spend an evening – especially because it takes minimal thought and can be made while slightly intoxicated. My favourite so far is the Dark Chocolate Pecan Cake. Bonus, you can get them delivered!
- What better way to pass time than homemade sangria? I love this recipe since we still have a lot of summer fruit around.
- I mean you have time, become a chef? Tasty is my favourite page on Facebook for their short videos but if you’re looking for a recipe in particular you can find them here.
- Two ingredient pancakes that taste good and are healthy. These are my lazy go-to, I swear they taste better than they sound.
What To Do
- I’m a little obsessed with games, so if you’ve got a few people over on an evening in you need to try Heads Up! app. Such a fun game and there are a heap of categories.
- Face masks is the OG female downtime. I’ve been cycling through all the ones I’ve collected and my recent top three are: Dr. Jart+ Sheet Masks Dermask Micro Jet Clearing Solution, Just Let It Glow Moodmask Sheet Mask Patchology and Pure-Clay Detox and Brighten Mask by LOreal Paris.
- Shop all the sales! There are endless sales on right now which is the perfect excuse to stock up on the next seasons clothes. Check out Asos, Boohoo, Nasty Gal, Pretty Little Thing and NA-KD for some great deals.
- Face-time your friends! I spent an hour and a half Face-timing Renee the other night while we drank wine. Basically the same as hanging out minus the drunk Uber ride home.
- Paint your nails! Not just any nails though, get fancy. I love Kester Black and their blog shares so many cool nail art designs using their nail polish. If you’re looking for more ideas though, check out my board on Pinterest.
- Get DIY happy with Collective Gen blog. Formally A Pair And A Spare and one of the OG DIY bloggers I followed years ago. So creative.