Another weekend is almost over and I feel like the weeks are flying by. I’m holding out for our long weekend coming up because I seriously need a break. At least for now I have FINALLY got on top of my workload and hopefully can cruise through the next few days. This week has been rocky to say the least. Between migraines, existential crises and generally not knowing what the hell I want to be doing with my life, it feels like this week has been a long unsatisfying marathon. Tomorrow is a new week though and another chance for a fresh start.
- Yesterday I caught up with friends at the beach for drinks and had the official first BBQ of summer. Sometimes it’s just taking the time to relax that makes all the difference.
- In an attempt to keep my mind active (seems to be hard these days) I started bingeing the Foundr channel on Youtube. They interview many entrepreneurs and dip in their business backgrounds and what steps they took to become wildly successful.
- Duck Island Ice Cream Salted Caramel & Cacao Crumb is sold in Countdown and OMG, worth every cent. Honestly, Duck Island take all my money – it’s the best ice cream around.
- Finally watched BlackPink on Netflix and it is so interesting. The documentary covers the journey each of the K-Pop group’s members went on to get where they are today. I knew the training for popstars in Korea was intense (I’d hear a lot about it when I lived there) but I never realised it was that bad. Interesting too since one of the members grew up in New Zealand.
- I was given some pieces from Amber Sceats this week and I am obsessed with the Elly necklace. It’s super chunky and the perfect length – you’ll be seeing it in all my posts from now on. Sorry, not sorry.
- Sophie (all the way from LA I have to add) sent me my favourite Norwegian Caramel Cheese after having a bad day and literally had me in tears. I used to eat it all the time when I was living with my Norwegian family friends in South Korea and ahhh did I miss it. If you haven’t tried it you need to on toast with honey – so damn good.
- Finally made it to Bar Celeste the other day and the oysters and wine did not disappoint. So yum and a great spot to hit up for dinner in Auckland.
- Music: Who Do You Blame – Saint Jhn, Truth Be Told – They, Pure – Hare Squead, Deep End – Foushee
- This week I’ve felt so anxious and I can’t stand it when I feel like that. I luckily don’t deal with it often, but when I do it freaks me out. Just to top it off, this then gave me a migraine. As you can tell, my body has been going through one this week.
- Still haven’t really figured out what I want to be doing in life and it’s made it feel like I am not getting anywhere. Your twenties is strangely confusing.
- Can’t remember the last time I slept for a normal amount of hours.