This “short” week has really flown by and I’m not ready for it to be over. Last weekend I was away with my family on their boat for the long weekend so I missed my highs and lows post. I feel like my week is incomplete when I don’t do this post which is why I’m forcing my hungover ass to write this now. Ever since I started working from home more I can’t seem to find a good routine, which means my posting schedule is completely out the window. Here’s to going into a new week with good intentions (even when I’m probably going to miss my next post because I’m too busy to edit the photos that have been sitting on my computer for weeks).
- After spending 3 days on the boat I truly felt that I had had a holiday. Maybe it was the fact that it was spontaneous, maybe it was because I completely switched off from the world around me, but it felt so damn good to getaway. Plus, anytime I get to spend with my Mum is invaluable and very grounding.
- Galloween is my new favourite holiday. Last night I went out with my girlfriends instead of dressing up for Halloween. I had been in such a weird mood all day that I just couldn’t pull it together to pull an outfit together, so a girls night was the next best thing. Had such a good night and as my Uber driver said: “you got to make the most of this, we might not be able to in a couple of weeks”, so we did.
- Had my first swim of summer.Even though the world is a shit show right now, I’m so glad to be living in New Zealand – couldn’t be more perfect.
- The teapot for two at Hoppers. Very cute for a girls night.
- Holidate on Netflix. Cheesy but funny, and a good midweek feel-good movie.
- Unsolved Mysteries is back on Netflix with a second season and I love this show – I’ve been watching it all morning.
- I’ve been binging Crime Junkie at work which is one of my OG favourite crime podcasts. It’s such a good one to have in the background, especially because their voices are so soothing.
- It’s platter season! If you haven’t added Nanric Road Fig & Tamarid Paste to yours you’re really missing out. Tastes so good and is actually spreadable.
- I finally got my new jumper from Style Addict and I LOVE. I had a bad week the other week and went a little crazy on the retail therapy, but it’s been fun to slowly get them in the post.
- Music: Lock My Door – Joshua J, Hold On – Drama, Peace Of Mind – Parsa, No Place – Biicla
- My E key on my keyboard is almost completely popped out and I’m honestly too lazy to deal with it. Anyone know how to at home?
- I’ve been missing home a lot. Can’t wait to be able to go visit over Christmas.
- I have so many jobs on the go, but it means I end up slipping behind on my other obligations. Time management, who?