The past couple of weeks have been pretty crazy for me, even while in lockdown. I’ve officially quit my job to start something new which I’m pretty excited about, but that means I have been playing catch up on all the time lost. Job hunting is time-consuming. This also means I have kept missing my usual Sunday night highs and lows posts, which I promised myself I wouldn’t do this year. Opps. For that reason, here’s what I’ve been up to over the past month.
- Last weekend before we went into lockdown, my best friend and I went to stay at Mangawhai for a night. We stayed in this little cabin out in the middle of nowhere with no reception, which was the perfect place to relax. Exactly what I needed after such a crazy month.
- While we were there, we caught the most insane sunset too. Unreal.
- I’ve been listening to the podcast She’s On The Money all year because I am (trying) to get serious about saving for a house. It breaks down all things money-related so that’s it’s not too overwhelming. Definitely worth a listen if you’re trying to save in 2021.
- Yesterday I binged Ginny and Georgia on Netflix which I actually really liked. An easy comedy/drama that isn’t too hard to follow when it’s playing out in the background.
- I also finally got around to I May Destroy You. For a series touching on some really heavy topics, has been done incredibly well. Can definitely see why people went crazy when Emily In Paris got nominated over this at a series – facepalm.
- Last week I spend celebrating in Hotel Ponsonby on three different occasions. Honestly, love that place – it’s definitely one to hit up in Ponsonby.
- I finished reading The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid which was a great read. It follows the life of a famous actress as she gives her final tell-all interview to an unknown journalist, Monique Grant. A lot of twists and as far fetched as it sounds, you can imagine elements of this could have easily happened back in the day.
- As I mentioned in my previous post I got my hands on the lip pencil Strip Down by MAC and I can’t stop using it. Such a great brown lip staple for fair skin.
- Lunch and dinners in the park with friends. I don’t know why I’ve never made the most of living so close to a park before Covid?
- Music: Formula – Labrinth, Poison – Slumberjack, Infinity – Jaymes Young, Fantasy – Bazzi
- I had to fix my car the other day which cost a cool $500. Love that for me.
- Don’t have a clue why but I keep getting migraines every week. Actually killing me.
- The light is setting so early now.. lame.