It’s been a while since I’ve written one of these posts because life has been crazy. You know when your to-do list grows so long you choose to ignore it instead? That’s where I’ve been.
I’ve just started a new job and have been trying to get my head around the transition. It’s bittersweet to leave my second home after three long years, but I am excited to start a new chapter. I can’t remember the last time I have felt out of my comfort zone, and I’ve really missed it. It reminds me how much I used to love change.
On that note, f*ck do I miss travelling.
After coming back from a long weekend away visiting my family, I have got to the point where my emails are overwhelming and I couldn’t put this off any longer. So I’m back, and this is what I’ve been up to.
- We got a family puppy! Does this need any explanation?
- The other week I got the chance to watch The America’s Cup from the Luna Rossa hospitality boat and I still can’t get over the experience. The last true summer weekend spent making the most of the heat with great company. If you want to watch Sally Jo’s vlog of it you can find it here.
- Red Collar Podcast. Another true-crime podcast – are we surprised?
- I have serious travel envy so I’ve been binging Sailing La Vagabond. Dream couple, dreamy life, highly recommend.
- Australian MAFS. My flatmate and I have been watching it religiously and it has to be the most intense season yet.
- New World caramelised white chocolate hot crossed buns are heaven. Think Caramilk in a brioche bun. If Tori hadn’t introduced me to these right when Easter ended my lactose-intolerant body would have had a rough couple of months.
- One good thing that came from Covid is the Zoom meetings. The last one I was lucky to sit in on was Paula from Paula’s Choice. She took us through her range, the science behind it and was pretty ruthless disproving common trends *cough* skin rollers. More on this in a later post though.
- Ellie and I went to Winona Forever for breakfast last weekend and highly recommend. I never venture into Parnell but it’s worth the trip – even to get out of the Ponsonby rat race.
- Kester Black‘s new green line of nail polishes. Inspired by New Zealand, they’re so beautiful and last longer than any other nail polish I use.
- STRIPDOWN BY MAC IS THE BEST LIPLINER, PERIOD.
- These Alias Mae boots I’m going to wear all winter. Sorry, if you follow me on Instagram (go follow me by the way) but you’ll be seeing these a lot.
- I’ve brought two of the same items in the same size (twice) in the last couple of weeks. Does that show how all over the show I’ve been?
- I have over 100 messages to reply to. How? Why? Who has enough hours in the day?
- It’s so dark now. RIP summer.