I took a break from writing my highs and lows for a while since things got a little crazy. I’ve been working really hard on keeping a good life/work balance for my own sanity. So, when I got my new job, I felt like it was time to give myself some space and let this blog take a backseat for a while.
In saying that, now that I’ve adjusted to my new routine, I thought it would be time to bring them back regularly. That and, we’re back in lockdown, so what else can I really do? There’s only so much time you can spend walking each day after all.
- I’ve been spending so much time online shopping since there really isn’t much else to do in lockdown. I’ve been stocking up on simple gold chain necklaces and bracelets because so many of mine have tarnished. I think the only one that isn’t ruined is a bracelet from AU-Rate I haven’t taken off since I got it (you can find it all over my Instagram). I’d highly recommend them if you’re looking for affordable, simple gold jewellery.
- Along with jewellery, I’ve been shopping for spring and summer like crazy. I’ve including some from my wishlist that you can shop below. Can you tell I’m happy that winter is finally over?
- I’ve been binging series like crazy since Love Island ended *cries*. My favourite ones recently are Nine Perfect Strangers, Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on Terror, Flight Attendant and Clickbait. They’re all quite serious but easy to follow.
- Another thing I’ve been binging like crazy is podcasts. Sorry in advance, these are all true crime ones. I love anything produced by Audiochuck, such as Red Collar, Something Was Wrong and O.C. Swingers.
- For some book suggestions: An American Marriage by Tayari Jones, and Lustre by Raven Leilani. They’re heavy books, but I think they’re important ones that remind you that life is messy and never goes to plan.
- Last Friday was my birthday, and while I thought it would be pretty boring in lockdown, I ended up having the best day. Endless gifts, baking and deliveries honestly made my week. I am so lucky to have such special people in my life.
- I tried to make myself better by tanning for the first time in months and I have to say, it really did. My new favourite hack is to use the luxurious Bondi Sands Body Brush (it truely is the softest brush I’ve ever tried) to tan my feet and hands.
- During lockdown I got to try the Glow Skin Beauty Hydra-Bright AHA Glow Peel Kit and this truly is the best at home peel I can recommend. My skin has been the best it’s been in a long time. It left me with fresh, glowy skin and is a great at home activity if you’re also stuck in lockdown.
- NO HUMAN CONTACT. Wow, I forgot this was part of the struggle of lockdown.
- “It wasn’t burnout — we still had energy. It wasn’t depression — we didn’t feel hopeless. We just felt somewhat joyless and aimless.” I posted this article by the New York Times on my story recently (if you don’t follow me on Instagram, you should here), and I think it sums up the 2020/2021 mindset well.
- I think I’ve clocked the internet. Send help (and movie suggestions).