I haven’t done a Highs & Lows post in a hot minute, so I thought since I’m having a pretty low-key evening, it would be the perfect time to kick them off for 2022. This year is flying by and has been so chaotic. I’ve been in lockdown this past week because I was a household Covid contact, so on Friday when I was given the all clear, I decided it would be the best time to get out and relax at home for a while. I’m so glad I came back too – it’s reminded me how important it is to protect your peace.
- Being home. There’s nothing quite like the peace I feel here, and it’s reminded me once again that I’m not tied to living in Auckland, and if I don’t like a situation I can leave it.
- In saying that, I think moving is on the cards for me this year in some capacity, so that’s exciting. I need a change.
- Last night I discovered Pieces of Her on Netflix, and you best believe I stayed up until I’d watched the entire series.
- My new flatmate introduced me to Dopesick on Disney during our isolation, and it’s such an interesting and thought-provoking series based on America’s opioid epidemic.
- I finally caved and made the Whittaker’s Blondie Rocky Road during iso, and it is SO good. I swapped out the plain biscuits for Biscoff and didn’t add in the licorice because I don’t think it needd it and wow, so good.
- Euphoria – of course. I’m still reeling after the finale.
- I’ve been doing Fluidform Pilates at home since I couldn’t leave the house, and I’d recommend it to anyone looking to get toned. The sessions are relatively short, but they burn in the best way.
- This much time spent at home only equals one thing: a lot of online shopping. These sneakers are the next on my list, as well as this bag.
- People that would rather be in a perpetual bad mood instead of talking things out.
- I feel like New Zealand is so far behind the rest of the world with Covid, and not we are right back to not wanting to leave the house again.
- There’s not a day in the past week where I haven’t woken up SO tired.