This week should be highs and lows of Auckland food. I’ve eaten out for almost every meal in the past 72 hours and I can’t complain – it’s been bloody good. I’ve been taking it easy through the week this week since I was pretty sick on Monday and I still don’t feel 100%. I honestly hate getting sick because the first thing to go is my appetite. Not to mention the thought of drinking has been very touch and go. Anyway, I’m on the up and up so let’s dive into this weeks recap (before I go out for dinner, again).
- To start it’s been fucking good to catch up with friends that I don’t need to filter myself around. I’ll probably write a whole post about this but just know for now I’m actually buzzing – such a good feeling.
- I went to Deadshot in Ponsonby with friends on Friday which I’d so recommend. It’s this little saloon like bar that is really intimate – they actually only accept groups of up to 6 people and it’s basically the sister bar to Caretaker in Britomart. They don’t have a drinks menu and instead the waiter asks you questions about what kind of flavours you like and they’ll mix you something based on that. So, so good. Also, it’s Chris Warner approved it – he was there.
- FINALLY restocked my Hourglass Arch Brow Pencil after months of not having it in my life. Can I say: game changer. I also grabbed the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer since I’d run out of my usual and so far I really like it!
- Here’s this weeks food round-up: Poke Poke in Takapuna is SO good. I’m always a bit undecided on whether I like Poke bowls after some bad ones in Sydney but this place is worth hitting up. I hadn’t been to Giapo in such a long time and it’s changed quite a bit. I loved the Giapo Buono flavour the best. The creamy mushrooms on toast from Foxtrot Parlour is definitely highly recommended. It comes out as a kind of soup but also mushrooms but it’s super tasty. Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Dough ice cream too because you can’t go wrong with a bit of B&J.
- Better Burger gets its own mention because it’s the first time I tried the ‘Make It Epic’ fries – like how have I not done that before? Yum!
- Ecoya Green Leaves and Geranium candle is my new favourite. It’s like a spicy vanilla and smells kind of sexy – can smell be sexy? I don’t know, but it is.
- GUYS, did you know the level on your iPhone makes hanging canvas’ super easy? Well now you do. I taped mine to my print while hanging and it made hanging it a 2 minute job (after 2 hours of trying to figure out how to do it, haha).
- I am addicted to Love Island this week and I’ve been trying to catch up before the finale.
- For music there are heaps of old favourites this week: 4 AM – Paris Lain, Hazey – Glass Animals, Goldie – Kamandi, Stoned On You – Jaymes Young
- Being sick pretty much all week without an appetite. I think it’s the most frustrating thing for me since I love eating so much. Like 100x rather just have a runny nose.
- I ate too much and now I feel sick, hahaha.
- The candle store was closed when I got there. I’m going to literally trek back to get it tomorrow it’s THAT good of a smell.