Today I’ve had a much needed lazy day, catching up on sleep and life admin. Who knew washing could get so out of control in just one week!? I’ll be away for the next few weekends so it was my last chance to catch up on all of this before I go. I can’t wait to get out of Auckland next weekend though. I’ve been stuck here too long already. Anyway, here’s my highs and lows of the week – enjoy!
- I’ve actually been working a whole lot of the side of my job this week which has been great but equally stressful. I love having more creative work to do on the side though – keeps the day-to-day balanced.
- Got to catch up with one of my best guy friends Tom in Auckland this week. We ended up at The Fish Market which is definitely my favourite place to eat at in Auckland at the moment. Also just so good to hear a males opinion on things I’ve been dealing with lately – they’re so straight to the point it’s refreshing.
- I’ve been listening to the Girls Gotta Eat podcast all week, it’s so addictive. It really does keep me awake most days, but it’s like mates chatting so nothing to heavy to follow while you work.
- Shane Dawson’s new conspiracy theory video, but in particular the storyline about Brittani Louise Taylor – it’s f*cking crazy. You can watch it all here.
- I finally changed my duvet cover since I’ve had my winter one of throughout this ridiculous heat. Best decision. I got a linen cover from George Street Linen which is a NZ based company and I’m so happy with it. It was time to switch out the pink, ya know?
- My Glossier order arrived, as you might have read about here, and I’m so happy with it. The two products I got are so effortless for your daily make up. I love Cake on the lips too, it’s a great “your lips but better” shade.
- For once I’ve had a semi-chilled weekend. It’s been a long while since I’ve been able to catch up on sleep, relax and not feel guilty about being lazy inside. Plus, I got all my washing done as I said. I don’t know when that became such a highlight of my week – welcome to adult life I guess.
- Music: Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored – Ariana Grande, Never Go Back – Dennis Lloyd, Fading Memories – Adon, At Dawn – Joe Hertz
- I feel like I’m making so many big mistakes when really it’s just my inability to say no. I’m always wanting more, searching for more and trying to bring more into my life that I think it overshadows what I already have. This series of memes by Alec With Pen sums it up perfectly.
- I hate not having closure. I need to talk everything out so it won’t be awkward in the long run. This though, I feel like I don’t know where I stand or that I can. Especially because in the end how can you when it was never really yours?
- The Instagram glitch!? What was that about.