Picture me writing this on my couch while I stuff my face with homemade Pastel De Nata’s. I had a raging Saturday night fulled with baking, and you know, there’s no way they’d last more than two days around me. Yum. After a week of meetings, washing, and planning for New Zealand Fashion Week I thought I’d give myself the gift of a hangoverless weekend. It seems like a small feat, but if you’re trying to make Winter seem less dull in Auckland it’s a serious power move. Not sure if it was worth it, guess we will see this week?
- After three separate trips to the supermarket, three hours and a quick detour to get wine after forgetting more ingredients and almost giving up, I finally made Pastel De Natas. I couldn’t stop eating them in Portugal (if you watch my IG stories you’ll know) so I had to give them a go. They’re actually very easy to make so if you’re bored I’d 100% recommend giving a go. Just check you own muffin tins first…
- Euphoria. I didn’t mention this the other week but I watched it when I was in NYC and LOVED it.
- Had a couple of really good meetings this week which kickstarted getting back into work after the holiday. I needed that push for sure – it’s been a hard adjustment. At the very least, it’s also been nice to meet fashion girls in Auckland that are super friendly. The industry has definitely improved since I came to NZFW back in 2013.
- Orseund Iris is one of my favourite brands at the moment and I got to borrow some of their pieces from the best Designer Wardrobe closet. Can’t wait to share the shoot with you all.
- Kate Somerville released some retinol products at Mecca and as a long time ‘I really want to try but never gotten around to it’ brand I was so excited about getting this package in the mail. Apparently, at 25 you become all sorts of concerned about aging and the sooner I get on to a better skin routine the better. A review post is coming!
- Watching Friends With Benefits on Netflix and missing NYC. I miss New York. Watching it is like a good kind of nostalgia that doesn’t make me sad.
- Got to say, EatLitFood on Instagram is my new favourite account – especially his raw AF stories. Anyone that can convince me I want to put a peanut slab in my pie is a legend.
- On that note: I need to start sharing more real shit on my Instagram stories. I hate over-edited and I’ve been trying to land somewhere in the middle of saying what I like, being aesthetically appealing and also, not offending thousands of people. It’s so hard these days, it’s like everyone is waiting for you to slip up. Anyway, feeling better about it this week so we will see where it goes.
- We went to Corelli’s in Devonport and had the grandest Poke bowl I’ve ever experienced. If you’re over that side though it looks like all their food is amazing, especially the curly fries.
- Red wine, candles, and torrential rain. The triple damn threat this winter.
- Not being in New York.
- Isn’t it strange how you can be so close to someone and be so far away?
- INSOMNIA YOU ARE RUINING MY LIFE.