I got home late last night from spending the day in Mount Maunganui. Needless to say, I didn’t get my highs and lows post up on time because I crashed as soon as I got back. The weather was perfect and I’m so glad Sophie dragged me out of bed at 6 am to get down there. It’s put me in such a good mood that little taste of summer.
- I have to start visiting the Mount more often. We spent a full day eating good food and enjoying the sun on the beach. Absolute dream – I can’t wait to go back more often.
- Sunset, drinking beers in the sun listening to live music. Perfection. Can summer hurry up already?
- On Thursday I took the day off work for JJ’s birthday. We spent the day at Tantalus Winery which is beautiful and a great place to spend the day. If you’re looking for a place to go on Waiheke this is it. I would highly recommend the cheeseboard and ordering too much wine.
- The Churchill for a fancy gin cocktail. This bar is on the 20th floor of the Four Points by Sheraton hotel and gives you an amazing view of Auckland at night. It’s something out of the 1920’s – very Gatsby vibes. You choose from three menus to mix your choice of the cocktail so there’s something for everyone. Definitely worth a visit!
- I watched Dynasty until 3am on Friday night. Such an easy Netflix watch.
- I’ve been reading Normal People by Sally Rooney (finally) and so far, so good.
- Last week was a slow week at work so I binged all my favourite podcasts, including Girls Gotta Eat. So many lols. If you like a good girls sh*t talk then you need to try this one.
- When I decided I was aging (26 is OLD) I went searching for some good skincare. Today I got a huge parcel from Adore Beauty in the mail this morning which was the best way to start the day. If you want to hop on my bandwagon use “ALEX15” for $15 off when you spend $75 for a limited time.
- One of my best friends Sam has moved 5 minutes away from my house and I AM SO EXCITED about it.
- Paradise Awaits – ZHU, Truth Be Told (remix) – THEY., Only Be Me – DROELOE, Long Distance – Playyard
- I am still recovering from the week. To say I pushed the boat out a few too many times would be an understatement.
- I need to start being healthier. Body says no.
- It’s amazing how long you can wait for something to happen when there’s no promise of it actually happening.