This weekend is Labour Weekend in New Zealand so I’m enjoying a long weekend at home. It’s been so good to get a break from the grind in Auckland, which has felt me feeling pretty overwhelmed lately. I can’t believe the contrast in lifestyle from one end of the country to the other – it’s holiday living here. Anyway, I’m so glad I booked last minute tickets.
- Coming home. I forgot how much I love it here, no matter what I’m up to. It feels like I can breathe again. South Island, you always win.
- Yesterday we travelled up to Central Otago where I stayed with my friend Tori for the night and had a classic night out – beers at the pub, watching the rugby. I forget what it’s like to go back to a place where you know everyone in the town, but so cool to catch up with old friends.
- This week I went for breakfast at Andiamo Eatery to learn about Luna Bronze and meet the founders Maddy Balderson and Rhi Hall. They’re inspiring girls and best friends that have made a natural self-tanner line that smells amazing (no coconut in sight). If you’re looking to try you can find the line in Mecca.
- I’ve been binge-watching Romee Strijd on Youtube lately whenever I have a minute. She’s so positive and it’s interesting to see into her life as a model.
- Industrial Lane Eatery in Alexandra is my new favourite, hands down. I got an amazing serving of waffles but they have an awesome cabinet selection too. A must if you’re in the area!
- I’d never tried The Great White Shark cans of alcohol until last night with Tori and they’re so good! Definitely going to be chugging these all summer. They’re a mix of rum, sparkling water, apple and lime juice and they’re so refreshing but not too sweet. Plus, my hang over today is only a slice of what it usually is.
- If you haven’t tried the new Popsicle Sourlicious you have to give it a go. Again, really refreshing and tastes like passionfruit and grape.
- The jeans and top combination you can shop below. These jeans are so cheap at just $90 and I’ve had so many compliments on them over the past week. An absolute steal in my opinion!
- WTF was the All Blacks vs. England game. I mean, really!?
- I’ve barely been able to catch up on sleep this week which means I’ve just been super angry all week. Lol.