We are back in action! I hadn’t intended on having such a big break with posting as I have over summer but you know, sometimes you just need it. I’m so excited for a fresh year, a fresh start and starting a damn clean slate. The past weeks have proven to be pretty productive in terms of tying loose ends and leaving feelings in the past. 2020, you’re looking bright.
- I’m a little obsessed with AJE right now and they sent me the ultimate denim jacket from their new Cruise ’20 range, the Silvatica Denim Jacket. I also finally received both pieces from my Christmas splurge when I bought this entire outfit from their runway show. Someone take my debit card away, stat.
- This choreography to Lose Control is INSANE. They’re all so talented, I could watch it all day.
- FOMO festival on Wednesday was such a good time, mostly just Lizzo is hilarious. It was fun just to chill and do something different after work – although, getting stranded wasn’t good.
- I thought coming back to Auckland would be slow after the holidays, but I’ve been non-stop. It’s no secret I function best when I’m busy whether it’s work or social life so right now I’m stoked. Also, the weather is finally consistently so ya know, life’s good.
- I’m a fruit snob since ya know, I grew up on an orchard so I don’t often buy cherries from the supermarket but just letting you know, the $10 punnets from Countdown are good right now.
- Pad Thai from Saan in Ponsonby is pretty damn good. Also, the fit-out there is beautiful.
- The Jacquemus Fall 2020 RTW show. The colour palette of my dreams.
- I got to catch up with my Finnish friend Hanna after 5 years. I love when you catch up with friends and even if you don’t speak often you’re still on the same page. We met ages ago because she read my blog and was visiting the country then reached out to grab a coffee – the rest is history. I can’t believe it’s been so long since this post where I wrote about it. Time fucking flies.
- Fishsmith fish tacos at sunset at Sentinel Beach. This is SUMMER.
- Lauren and I went for a drink after work at Non Solo Pizza which I’d never been to before but I have to mention how good the service was. I’m still confused as to why, but they continually feed us free food from the menu while we drank?
- Music: No Warning – Parsa, All For Us – Labrinth, Always Somethin – Kill Them With Colour, No Signs – ODIE, Man Down – Reece
- I swear I get myself into the same situation re. my love life on the regular. Hello? Life? Just wondering how many circles I’m going to run in until something sticks? I’m pretty sure at this stage I’d rather not have ever felt anything. Now I am just hyperaware of what I’m once again missing.
- Getting stranded in Henderson.