I understand now why everyone says January was a decade long – this week feels like 10. At the start of the week I had everyone staying at mine for Laneway, and now as I write this on Sunday they’re all oceans away. I guess life works in tides, all in and all out, on repeat. The weather in Auckland has exceeded all expectations though so I’ve enjoyed it nonetheless, living by the beach and in the sun. On that note, I’m about to head out there again so here’s your weekly highs and lows.
- On Saturday I went for dinner at Barbarino’s Spaghetteria in Avondale which has to be the best pasta I’ve had in forever. You choose your pasta type and toppings, and prices range from $10 which is unheard of in Auckland. Great date night spot!
- Takapuna Beach > Pt. Chev. I mean I already knew this but yesterday we went to both and Taka takes the cake. Kind of wish I lived that side of the bridge right now but I guess that’s another reason to get a damn car already.
- Mid week Soph and I got pizza from Umu in Kingsland (which has a great happy hour pizza deal), a bottle of cider and sat by the beach to watch the sunset. Such a dreamy way to spend an evening.
- Homemade Sangria because it’s so good on a hot day. Although after the infamous Portugal Sangria incident of ’19 (lol Abbie) I left out the liquor which is a must safer option.
- Laneway with Renee and Tori. Honestly they’re the best kind of people and no matter what happens I have fun with them. Great day, great people, great music. Always a highlight of the year.
- Watching the my friend in the Black Sticks play hockey this afternoon. It’s very cool to see your friends being so successful.
- The Matcha Strawberry Milk Crumb from Duck Island is AMAZING (also a little weird but I’m into it).
- I was kindly gifted the new Carolina Herrera perfume ‘Good Girl’ which smells ridiculously good. The only way I can describe it as a scent you’d wear to a boujee 5 star restaurant. It got the approval from the girls in my office too so it’s a winner.
- Music: Minimal – ROLE MODEL, I Can See – Mac Miller, Dreaming – SG Lewis, Got It Like That – Jae Stephens, Between The Words – Devault
- Everyone leaving Auckland. Boo.
- Running the same circles but with different people. It’s crazy how we can attract the same kind of crazy into our lives over and over until it drives you crazy. Ugh.