I’m in Christchurch on this fine Sunday evening because I came down for Electric Avenue, a concert that has both Matt Corby and Pendulum playing in the same place. The most random coupling, but it couldn’t be more up my alley. To be honest, I’m pre-scheduling this post because right now I will be on a flight back to Auckland. I hope you’ve all had a great week because I have!
- Electric Avenue. I pretty much come to this concert every year to catch up with my South Island friends and to enjoy a good day out which never fails.
- Tom Ford Rose Prick perfume which was kindly gifted to me this week. It reminds me of those pink smoker lollies and marshmallows, so definitely a girlier scent. Super pretty though and lasts all day – even after a shower and a swim at the beach.
- On Wednesday Sophie and I spent the afternoon shooting at the beach with the lovely Joanne Mckay. Firstly, I never realised how perfect the beach at Orewa is. Secondly, we couldn’t have picked more perfect weather. The photos are epic (watch this space!) and we ended the day with a swim. One of my favourite days so far this summer.
- I started using the Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream because I ran out of moisturiser and I really like it. Strange jelly consistency and smells like calciyum banana milk, which could be a good or a bad thing depending on what you like, but works great!
- The Red Rock Deli Tortilla Chips in Pickled Jalapeno & Cheddar are life-changing. YUM.
- I had a really stressful day on Thursday, so Soph and I took a picnic down to the beach to watch the sunset. Sometimes you have to celebrate the wins in your day even if they’re small.
- I also really enjoyed a late-night Margherita from Conch in Ponsonby. That place is always so chill and the staff are really friendly.
- Music: After Hours – The Weeknd, U-RITE – THEY., U BAD – Parsa, I Love My – Young Bull, Euphoria – Hemai
- I’m probably on the verge of another burn out after barely sleeping all week and when I do, I end up with horrific nightmares. Fun times all around.
- High stress, low reward. Sometimes I wish I could be okay being on an average salary and being settled into a home with no goals other than to enjoy the day… it must be peaceful.