What day is it again? I think we’re all feeling the side effects of days merging in this lockdown. I feel like I’m on a strange prolonged holiday that still includes working full time from my office (the couch). Comfort is the new uniform here, makeup is a concept from the past and I seem to have a hell of a lot more time to have a life, such as exercising, reading and watching, that I never had in Auckland. Call me stupid, but has anyone else just realised to the true toll of their commute to work? Anyway, here are my “enjoy them from the comfort of your home” highs and lows, because that’s where I’ll be until further notice.
I made the template above so I can check out your favourites too – if you use it tag me and I’ll share them!
- I watched the entire first season of Dare Me on Netflix while working on Friday – multitasking at it’s finest. The acting isn’t great and the storyline is twisted and tends to run a little slow, but it’s entertaining enough to fill the background of your day.
- Tiger King obviously needs a mention on Netflix. I can’t tell if I like it or I’m just bored. Either way, it’s highly entertaining. Carole definitely did it.
- Run Fast Sleep Naked – Nick Murphy album. You’ve got time do here’s an entire album to flick through. Dangerous is my favourite song.
- I’ve mentioned this a million times but may as well mention again: the Drunk Elephant Self-Control Night Kit products. They’re the only skincare products I brought with me but it’s all I need. The Nightbright kit would be my pick if you’re looking to try some Drunk Elephant.
- I have lived in this top + shorts combination from Petal & Pup. If you’re looking for something comfy but cute this is it.
- I love checking out The Cut on Instagram daily on Instagram right now.
- I’m very addicted to watching Architectural Digest Open Door: Inside Celebrity Homes series on Youtube. There’s something satisfying about getting ideas for a house you don’t own and therefore, don’t feel like you need to rush out and buy all the tiiings.
- Why is everyone making banana bread? But also, I’m into it.
- Exercising, as lame as it sounds, has been fun for me this week. Blogilates is an old favourite from my university days and I’ve been enjoying (and dying from) these videos this week.
- If you want to see some art you can virtually explore all of Banksy’s murals here. I remember back when Sam and I ran around Bristol trying to find them all by some dodgy description on a message board – this is much more satisfying.
- I’m wasting the time I have, a byproduct of usually getting a lot more done in a day. Definitely need to set aside more me time whenever this is all over.
- I MISS EATING OUT.
- Does anyone else just start drinking and forgetting they have work in the morning because time as a concept is all over the place now without a routine or commute or things to do. Yeah, same.
- WOW, I forgot how much more I eat when I have nothing to do.