Today is a miserable day here in Wanaka so I’ve spent most of it cleaning and catching up on life admin. It’s taken my a full month to realise I have a built-in wardrobe in my Mum’s new house so I’ve officially moved in – only to probably be leaving in another week. Living here is starting to feel very normal so I’m not sure how it will be when I finally have to say goodbye. For now though I’m going to make the most of the bad weather and binge the multiple series that have come out this week. Spoiler: they’re all so good.
- Okay, so I finished Normal People the book since I’ve come here and now there’s a series! You can stream it on TVNZ for you kiwis. So far, I think it does a good job of capturing the essence of the book without over-dramatising it.
- Also Hollywood is finally out on Netflix! I feel like I’ve been waiting forever since my friends best friend is starring in it. I love it so far and I only have one episode left to watch. TBH, I love it mostly for the outfits and sets, they’re so cinematic.
- Tori came to join my bubble this week which has been so calming, just to have someone around even when I’m working. Definitely added little slice of sanity to my day.
- I bought a lot of the Sharks Part Time Rangers from Onceit the other day and the arrived right at 3pm Friday. Perfect timing, especially because it was a hot day. I forget how much I like having one of these drinks in the afternoon when I’m not in the mood for wine.
- Pams Finest range is actually really good. My new favourite (after their granola range) is the Beetroot and Cheese Mezzelune Pasta – yummy!
- This week Mum and I were treated to an online shopping session with Intimo where Steph took us through their range and helped us pick our capsule lingerie collection. The experience was such a cool idea for Mother’s Day and I’d recommend booking if you’re stuck for a present! My Mum loved it.
- I’ve been reading My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell which I’m still enjoying but it’s hard work. I’d say if you’re particularly sensitive or triggered by abuse I’d steer clear but for those of you interested in the psychological aspects of abuse you’d enjoy this. I mean, Stephen King did.
- I’ve sent this recipe to everyone this week, but it’s an easy no rise Cinnamon Scroll recipe. Honestly, took me and Tori a total of 30min from start to eating. They’re yummy and soft too.
- Frank Ocean, just all his music. Especially DHL though, that song gets me. I haven’t found anything new I liked this week so I’ve been thrashing the oldies.
- Never Have I Ever on Netflix by Mindy Kaling is a cheesy and easy watch but I liked it!
- I repurchased my favourite face wash the Banila Co. Clean It Zero and holy, it has cleared up my skin in less than a week. I am never waiting to buy it again. EVER.
- I NEED these Ugg slippers – so cool.
- When I oversleep I end up so tired. Apparently, I run better on no sleep… how times have changed.
- People can be endlessly disappointing – especially those closest to us.
- I think I realise now since coming down here how much my life doesn’t actually rely on me being in Auckland to live. There’s only a small group of people that I’d miss. I could quite easily move down here without too much drama. Guess that’s because I never have many deeply planted roots. My home can be anywhere, but that also means I never feel settled.
- Dangerous Lies on Netflix has got to be the WORST movie I’ve seen in ages. Honestly, WTF?