After spending the past three hours watching TikTok’s I’m about to leave the house for the ultimate weekly outing: the supermarket. As you can probably already tell this week has been pretty chilled. Nothing new to report on my end, let’s skip to the good stuff.
- I’ve given in – I’m addicted to TikTok. Can’t stop watching Danielle Marcan’s make up videos, she’s incredible. Her Instagram is great too.
- Last night I stayed up binging Normal People and honestly, it did the book total justice. You can find the episodes on Youtube for those of you that don’t live in New Zealand. So raw and relatable.
- I finally walked up Mt Roy yesterday with Mum which has been at the top of my to-do list for a while. It wasn’t easy considering how unfit I am but worth the trek for that view – so beautiful.
- The past two days here have been so warm and comforting. I love Indian summer nights, they make me so happy. I sat outside and looked at the stars like I used to do every time I came home. It always calms me. The small things in this crazy world.
- Handmade margarita pizza with chilli oil. I repeat, chilli oil. This step is very important. Talk about a glow up.
- I started reading Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng so I can watch the series afterwards. So far, so good.
- Looking for the Perfect Wedding Ring? Check these guys out!
- Booked my flights back to Auckland. Fingers crossed I can go.
- I bought the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation the other week and oh, NO regrets. It’s such a lovely finish and lightweight on my skin so there’s no caking in sight.
- I haven’t watched Sailing Lavagabonde in a while so I made the most of my week by catching up. If you’re new here, they’re a young couple who sail around the world with their baby. Such a cool way to live and so different from anything I could imagine myself doing.
- Music: Chicago Freestyle (Feat, Giveon) – Drake, Designer Boi – A$AP NAST, Coming Down – Jeshi
- What is sleep? Because I haven’t had much in a very long time – even after yesterday’s hike.
- I am leaving here in two weeks which is very bittersweet.
- 2020 is half over and I feel like absolutely nothing has happened or been done. I think we will all be playing catch up after isolation is over.