Hello Sunday, I’m almost glad you’re here. I don’t say that lightly because I live for the weekend but there was something about this one that rubbed me the wrong way. That all changed today though when a little kindness saved me a whole lot of money and made me thankful for strangers in a way I haven’t been for a while. Wherever I have travelled in the past I have found people to be so willing to give without expectations, but at home, I’ve never found it to be the same. Not in a greedy way, but a “I’m on the other side of the world and I don’t know anyone” type of kindness. Anyway, this week I’ll be paying it forward.
- So today my new friend Sonny helped me out by very kindly fixing my car after we struck up a conversation randomly outside his work. He’s got a sick Tiktok and Instagram if you’re a car fan too. My car had failed its WOF but now thanks to him *drumroll please* it’s on the road and ready to go.
- Yesterday hanging with the girls. Both my friends Lauren and Ellie have recently bought cars but don’t have their full so I’m their designated passenger. We’ve got a car theme going this week but I think buying a car is the new boyfriend. Who needs cuffing season when you can drag race. Kidding.. kind of.
- Breakfast deliveries from Renee via Daily Bread. They have the best pastries.
- Last night my flatmate and I started watching (finally) White Lines on Netflix. I had put it off because I thought it was dubbed but happy to say it’s not and if you’re looking for an easy to watch drama give it a go.
- Syrene is the first NZ beauty label to be stocked in Mecca! Their Aqua Hydrating Masque is a personal favourite.
- Thank you for 27k on Instagram! Every time I hit a new thousand I get nostalgic thinking about where it all started. I never really took this seriously until the end of last year, but it’s nice to finally find my place in this realm.
- Katsuman Burger in Auckland (they’re on Ubereats too!). If you love dumplings you need to try the Pork Dumplings. The pulled pork as a topping takes it to the next level.
- I tried on this Paris Georgia top the other day in David Jones and I’m shook. So very tempted to go and bring it home.
- Yesterday we went for breakfast at Dear Jervois which is always hit or miss for more, especially since they have a perfect track record of forgetting my order (yesterday included). I got the Matcha Waffles and Fries though and they were spot on. Yum.
- Music: Rover – S1mba & DTG, Clover – Kamauu, Can I – Drake
- Growing pains. I’m stuck somewhere in between still wanting to be free and wanting to settle down.
- When you want to have a big night but it turns into a big flop. I guess I couldn’t live up to the Level One hype.
- Failing my WOF.
- Okay just kidding, can we start the weekend again?