I just walked in the door from spending the weekend away at my friend’s place in Mount Maunganui. I hadn’t been down since summer and after a couple of trying weeks in Auckland, it was the only excuse I needed to get out of here for a bit. Spontaneity at its finest. I can’t wait to go back down in summer again to stay longer, I miss living near the beach so much.
- The fact that I have a car now. Honestly, I have no idea how I did life before it. The freedom alone is worth its weight in gold.
- I booked more flights to Queenstown for more birthday after getting a refund for my flights to Australia (shm). At the very least I’m excited to take some time off work and relax at home.
- The white chocolate Kinder Bueno. I can confirm it’s the best thing I’ve put in my mouth for a long time, lol.
- The General’s pancakes because they’re dope. Haven’t had a good sweet breakfast in a while and they nailed it. This place at the Mount is a must-visit.
- Love Life starring Anna Kendrick.
- The OG friends that are the same no matter how much time apart. Sam, that’s you. Thanks for always talking sense into me.
- Fume candles smell so damn good. I want to stock up but my current bank account and the 10 candles I still haven’t burnt say no.
- I was kindly sent a couple of the Rouge G de Guerlain lipsticks and a beautiful sapphire lipstick case to try, and I love. So luxe and so easy to find in my handbag which if you know me, is no easy feat.
- This fluffy jumper I’ve been living in and it’s on sale! I wore it out the other night and someone immediately came up to me and asked if it was Acne, it’s that lush IRL.
- Music: No More – ZHU, Moonlight – Bayou, Conversations (With The Moon) – Harper Finn, We Good – Col3trane
- Being a girl does come with so many health issues. FML.
- My heater keeps short-circuiting so it’s either I can charge my phone or heat my room. The realities of flatting…
- It’s officially set in that we can’t travel this year. Sad months ahead.
- I swear if one more ‘acquaintance’ asks me to shoot, edit, post or whatever for free when there it’s purely a favour I will scream. Pay for peoples time, it’s the most precious thing you can take.