This week has been all over the place. Between having visitors, my life admin and my work party it seemed to both fly by and be the longest ever. After a 16 hour sleep last night I think it’s safe to say I pushed myself a little too hard that my body was telling me it’s time to take a break. Luckily, I have no plans for this coming one and that’s the way it’s going to stay.
- My Mum came to visit and after living with her during quarantine, I’ve been missing her company. After a hard start to the week, there’s nothing better than being able to spend time with your day one.
- When she came up we went to Amano for the first time (finally) which I recommend. The Octopus starter was yum and the tamarillo cocktail is a must-try if you’re there. So good, and very alcoholic.
- For the first time in a long time, I like where I am in life. No major uncertainty, no undue stress, just cruising. I used to hate being so stable in the day to day, always restless. Now, especially with everything that’s going on in the world I’m happy to stay put. For now at least.
- Today Kara and I went to The Botanist for lunch which was the perfect Sunday arvo place. The Vege Bowl was yum and so nice to be able to sit in the sun now that it feels like Spring.
- Finally bought my ultimate Dad shoe the New Balance 990v5. They’re the best (even if everyone at work thinks they’re ugly).
- The new Glass Animals album I’ve been thrashing all week. My favourite songs are Heat Waves and Tokyo Drifting.
- World’s Most Wanted is another crime docco series on Netflix worth watching.
- This is the most random high probably, but the Booby Tape that Designer Wardrobe sells with their rentals. It’s stretchy and so easy to get off compared to the old school strapping tape.
- The Lewish Road Creamery Gingernut Milk. Obviously being lacktose intolerant it didn’t go down well (lol) but it’s tasty.
- Like I said a hard start to the week. At least people are understanding about it – I can’t imagine not being around supportive people.
- Savings? What is savings?
- Do you ever just look back at a chapter of your life and think what the fuck, it meant nothing. The stress, the confusion and the heartache wasn’t worth any time you gave it.