It’s pouring down outside so it’s the perfect excuse to spend the day catching up on work and getting ahead for the week. The recent lockdown announcement sent me into a bit of a stress-induced spin, especially when my flights home got cancelled, but I’m finally starting to get back on track. By that I mean I’m no longer living like a uni student with 50 dirty cups in my room with zero motivation. Here’s hoping I can keep the ball rolling throughout lockdown 2.0, and at the very least manage to eat something other than pasta for dinner. Baby steps.
- My friends and I went on a small road trip to the beach yesterday which was so nice. Sometimes all you need to feel better is a bit of salt air.
- After being told to watch it by so many people, I caved and started Selling Sunset on Netflix. And then finished it. Think The Hills drama mixed in with multi-million dollar houses. Such an easy and addictive watch.
- On Friday I had drinks at home with my flatmate and it’s just so nice to drink at home. I’m always on a mission from one part of Auckland to the other, so the commute from the lounge to my bedroom is a luxury. It’s the small lockdown things.
- Listening to the Call Her Daddy podcast while working from home is a weird flex, but I’m into it.
- This week I’ve been all into buying homeware since I want to (finally) decorate my room. I really want this fluffy chair, this cabinet, this bookcase and this lamp, but most don’t ship to NZ so basically, I’m still on the hunt.
- Music: Laugh Now Cry Later – Drake, I Want You – Pluko, Killa – Chris Yonge, Clutch – Col3trane, Domestic Bliss – Glass Animals
- I love With Jean’s new collection, especially this set. I’d buy it if I could actually leave the house for more than groceries.
- This week I returned to my favourite pasta place in Auckland which is still AMAZING. If you haven’t, you need to try Barbarinos – it’s bomb.
- Parking tickets.
- I’ve spent so much money on food and still CBF cooking for myself, or have much of an appetite.
- The fact that I was meant to be at home this weekend and I still haven’t had a holiday this year.
- I have such a ridiculous to-do list to get ticked off this weekend between blogging, life admin and actual work.