Highs and Lows of the week posts have long been a favourite of mine to create. It’s like sharing a part of my personal diary with you, as well as taking time to consider what I’ve been up to. Plus, I love looking back on where I was the year before through these posts and reflect on what has changed since then.
This week I asked everyone on Instagram to let me know what type of blog posts you like to read via my Tumblr ask box. I was so happy to find out that without a doubt Highs and Lows posts were your most requested. To answer a couple of your questions: I’m going to now try to post one of these EVERY Sunday evening (New Zealand time) so you have some entertainment to end your weekend. Without further ado, let’s get into it.
?Central Otago, Rail Trail
- Getting such a lot of questions/suggestions from you via Tumblr. I’ve said it before but blog writing can often feel like you’re talking to yourself. It always amazes me the response I get sometimes and reminds me that I’m not alone in this. Also, I have the best readers!
- I’m forever obsessed with Central Otago scenery.
- I did an interview for The Borrowed Collective about confidence, my journey with it and some blog related things. Give it a read here!
- I thought I’d share two of my new favourite Instagram accounts since they made LA look so dreamy and they’re best friends. Check out @NitsanRaiter and @EmmaLeger.
- Music: Body – Loud Luxury + brando, Remind Me To Forget – Kygo + Miguel, Feel Something – Jaymes Young
- I’ve literally been eating the same lunch all week which is this recipe, plus cherry tomatoes and ABC sauce. Avocado is also great if you’re lucky enough to not have to pay $5 each. It’s SO good, and trust me when I say = I used to hate kale with passion.
- This week I’ve been watching Shooter season 2 on Netflix. If you haven’t seen it I definitely recommend to anyone that’s into the old action/spy genre. Plus, Ryan Phillippe is very easy on the eyes.
- To everyone that wrote to me on Tumblr (and feel free to keep writing in!) I’m going to put together a video to answer all the questions because I got SO many – as in 50+ in the first day. So subscribe to my Youtube channel if you haven’t already.
- HOT CROSS BUNS.
Outfit Of The Week
- Guys, I’m too young to apply for Married At First Sight NZ… so basically my last chance to get married has been stolen from me. Just kidding. I am looking forward to watching the NZ version when it arrives though.
- I am SO sick of seeing story templates on Instagram. I realise I’m a bit of a hypocrite saying that but I feel like in moderation, yes. Posting every day 10 new templates = me unfollowing you. There’s a line between being a bit of creative fun and milking it for everything it’s worth.
- I hate when you ask someone for help and they make it seem like such an inconvenience. It’s so off-putting when it’s something as simple as proofreading, ugh.
- I’m SO over people who don’t listen to what you say and then change the subject. K, I’ll just talk to myself then.
Read my previous Highs & Lows here