I’m just about to run out the door so before I do, here are my highs and lows of the week. Be prepared: most of it is food related. I feel like all I do anymore is go out to eat. Is it a summer thing? Who knows but I’m into it.
- I went to the launch of L’Occitane’s holiday collaboration with CASTELBAJAC. It was such a beautiful event and I love that they’re so dedicated to giving back to their community “Our Holiday message is simple; give back to Provence, the planet, empower the people who make our products and save preventable blindness around the world”. For every 150ml Shea Butter Hand Cream sold they’re donating $1 to the Blind Foundation too so why not treat your mum? It’s for a great cause.
- I’ve been looking forward to going to Friday Jams for months and it was so much fun. I mean, who could pass up seeing Usher? Not me. Such good weather for it too.
- Had another Bottomless Brunch yesterday with friends from work at Wu & You, which I think it relatively new? Anyway, it was another great day of food, too many drinks and sunshine. The menu is a lot more interesting than the usual bottomless brunch – they even offer Bao Buns which is always a favourite.
- I think all my favourites this week revolve around food. I also went to Cuba Libre with JJ the other day and the Coconut Prawns are yum. Plus, it was a must needed catch up with my best friend.
- I finally got around to buying a Dji Spark which I’m super excited about. I have literally no idea when I’ll ever use it but I think it will be fun to play around with. Just another work perk!
- Truth or Drink series of CUT videos is hilarious. I stayed up waay too late last night catching up on all the Bachelorette ones I’d missed.
- I went to Pocket Bar in Grey Lynn with my friend Lauren for drinks on Thursday and it’s such a nice spot! Really cool outdoor area too and the chips are the best. So nice to finally be able to sit outside at night because it’s so warm too. Check out this spot if you’re in the area, it’s a must.
- Music: Tadow – Masego & FKJ, Stay – Devault, FUN! – Vince Staples and honestly his new album I’ve been playing on repeat all weekend, pretty sure my neighbours hate me because of it, haha.
- If you saw on my IG story I got send a million Smashbox palettes and they’re amazing! I can’t wait to try out different eye looks now I finally have more than a couple of colours to work with.
- Ugh, buying flights for Christmas is so expensive. It’s $800 for me to get to Melbourne and back because I’m booking them so late. Bye bye car fund.
- I’ve honestly been all over the place with life and emotions lately. Look, it’s probably hormones but god do I feel like things are out of control.