Hello and welcome back to another highs and lows but this time, it’s 2019. I’ve come over to my best friend’s place to write this because A. good company and B. she owns a fan. I honestly don’t handle the constant heat very well – I’ve had two naps already today. Guess who’s going to be awake until midnight tonight…
And another week bites the dust. This week has been all over the place for me. In general it’s been pretty average for me but definitely had some highs scattered in-between. I think you need to experience the lows to appreciate the highs and that’s why I like writing these posts. They keep me in check. But as for this week, I could have really done without half the shit so meh, hopefully something better is on the horizon.
- I’ve said this a lot lately but thank god for my friends, they really do keep me sane. I’ve quickly realised over the past year that I have so many people in my life that I like but they just don’t get me at all. In a way they’ve never bothered to. In this way I always feel a little bit on the outside, a little unsettled. It’s the quality friends that are quick to remedy any of my anxiety triggered insecurities.
- On that note: JJ and I went to Frasers in Mt Eden for brunch. We were walking but ya know, food. Anyway, the granola there is a must and not to expenny, also the green breakfast bowl looked delicious.
- I went to see On The Basis Of Sex at the movies with Kelsey and I really enjoyed it. The movie is based on Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s life as she fights the courts for equal rights. It was pretty moving – to think the court case she fought to overturn sex-based discrimination was only in the 1970’s.
- I got my hair done again (finally! hello strip of black regrowth). I went to Stephen Marr in Ponsonby and while it’s not the cheapest, I’m so glad I did. It’s the best cut/colour I’ve had ever I think. So, so happy with it.
- I had this epiphany this week and in light of recent events I think it’s the best idea I’ve had in a while. I know I’m being vague so just bare with me – this one can’t come out just yet but know that something good is in the works. And of course, you’ll be coming with me for the ride.
- So I made brownies for a friend’s birthday this week and GUYS, if you need something easy the Edmond’s packet double brownie mix is bomb. It’s really hard to f*ck up and it only takes half and hour to make so it’s great for last-minute parties.
- Lauren and I went to the Auckland Fish Market in Wynyard Quarter last night for dinner and drinks and it’s bloody cool. If you haven’t been it’s a whole outdoor seated area with lots of vendors selling around the edges for you to try. It would be such a good date night idea – especially in this heat. GO, enjoy!
- I just came back from Caitlin’s baby shower and it was so good to catch up with the girls. It’s actually crazy to me that of all my friends I made the first time I moved to Auckland, 4 of them are pregnant/have kids now.
- Music: Get It Together – Drake, Black Coffee, Show Me – Akacia, Alex Lustig, Inconsiderate – Reo Cragun, Ride Home – Akurei
- I don’t know what it is lately but I’ve encountered so much random discrimination and it’s so uncomfortable. Obviously I’m in a privileged position and I experience nothing compared to a lot of people, but it’s still equally as disheartening.
- I guess realising after spending so much time with people that they don’t understand you at all is one. It’s a weird feeling to have someone tell you to your face that you are one way when you know you aren’t at all. Anyway, people believe what they want and for me, I’m going to stop trying. Can’t please everyone.
- I’ve got that many itchy bites I am going crazy.