Clean sheets, wine in hand: today’s not ending so badly. I don’t know what it is about Sunday’s but they kind of leave me more stressed than relaxed most of the time. Maybe it’s because I know the entire week is ahead, I’m always behind on emails and still have to come up content while trying to fit in normal living. I guess life is just a push, pull and I’m still learning to take it one day at a time (and I’ll continue to forget to reply to most emails – sorry everyone). With daylight saving approaching I’m feeling more pressure than ever to get organised. Today was a success thanks to an early Saturday night so for once I’m feeling really good.
- Seems a bit silly but buying wine. It’s been ages since I’ve had a glass on red by myself while I watch Netflix, I’d forgotten how relaxing it can be. Just a quality minute to yourself, you know?
- HOT CROSSED BUNS ARE BACK. That is all.
- Went out for date night with the bestie last night. Had a super yummy dinner at Coco’s Cantina followed by a dessert cocktail at Deadshot. After a mixed/emotional week at work I think it’s so refreshing to hang out with someone who is so separate and can share a different perspective on the situation. My voice of reason really.
- On Friday Kara and I went to the Tiger Roar event at Flying Fish Studio which was kind of spontaneous and ending up being a really good night. I have really missed listening to good music and dancing all night. Does anyone do that anymore? It sure doesn’t feel like it anyway.
- After weeks of trying to catch up, Kelsey and I finally kept plans and ended up eating lunch at Ripe Deli. Which, by the way, is so good. It’s actually really close to where I live and I’ve never noticed it there before on Richmond Road. I’m definitely going to be hitting that up more now for sure, the salads are so tasty.
- After lunch we ended up going to an art class on the north shore where we drank wine and painted all afternoon. Now that winter is approaching I want to make an effort to try different things like this. It was fun to get creative again and gave me a break from my phone – heaven.
- Obviously I’ve been watching the new season of Queer Eye on Netflix and it’s still a favourite. Such as easy watch. I’ve also been watching Northern Rescue which I don’t mind either, it’s just been a bit slow to begin.
- Music: Story – ODIE, CIGARETTES – Amir Obe, Faith – ODIE, SYRUP (Stwo Edit) – TEA, Station – Lapsley (Remix), You’ve Changed – DRAMA
- I’m so damn confused about what I want to be doing. I need a holiday – can Easter hurry up already?
- On that note, I’ve been feeling really average about myself so therefore, I start eating shit food and then just feeling shitty. Such a vicious cycle. Anyway, with April here tomorrow I’m making it my mission to make more of an effort re. healthy living.
- WHY SO DARK ALL THE TIME.
- Are we doomed to repeat the same mistakes and have the same shit happen to us? That’s how it feels right about now.