Good lord, this week has been confusing. It’s now Sunday morning – I have a coffee in hand, music serenading me on my UE Boom and a do-to list on my mind. I feel like I’ve been robbed of so much time over the past week because of the mish-mash of public holidays. I’m ready to get back into a normal routine so I can get my head back in the game.
- I can pretty much only handle light and fluffy movies at the moment otherwise I switch off, hence these recommendations. I watched the movie After last night which was a bit cute. Based on the namesake book it’s a Nicholas Sparks vibe – but without the usually ridiculous ending.
- I’ve also watched a shit load of Netflix this week. I really liked Bonding a series about a dominatrix, which sounds random AF but is actually a good comedy. I also enjoyed the movie Someone Great for a another easy watch.
- Yummly the app. It’s an awesome food app that lets you save recipes, suggests them depending on your diet and you can collate a shopping list so you never miss an ingredient. Now that I’ve booked my holiday I need to save money so I’ve been using this to come up with yummy recipes at home.
- I finally tried the famous Holey Moley mini golf and I really enjoyed it. We went on ANZAC day, grabbed a couple of drinks and spent the afternoon putting away. Followed by food at Headquarters of course. So nice to try something a bit different.
- Easter Sunday was spent with family and friends at the Clyde Wine & Food Fest which is always a highlight of the year. I actually just miss living in Central Otago a lot – it’s so beautiful. I’m sorry to say it too Auckland but I swear people there are so much more genuine. A breath of fresh air to say the least.
- Bondi Sands Aero the new aerated self tanning foam. I tried it this week and I have to say I do think it’s easier to apply/get right for those of you like me – useless at tanning and usually have to spend a whole shower scrubbing at tan lines all over my body. Big thumbs up from me. Honestly Bondi Sands kills it every time, I’ve got there products everywhere throughout the house.
- FINALLY bought some white sheets so I could use my new George Street Linen duvet cover and I have no regrets. Changing duvet covers has to be the most satisfying room update. Now I really want the Merino Wool duvet in stripes, so beautiful.
- I booked my holiday! And now I’m broke! But it’s totally worth it! I think!?
- This week in beauty I’ve tried a whole heap of new products, mostly because my skin freaked out. Breaking out everywhere kind of freak out (I blame Easter chocolate). I tried a tester of the Origins Clear Improvement Mask which I loved and I’m very tempted to buy the full size. I also have been loving the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Gel – holy this makes your eyebrows look 1000x better. Lastly, the Estée Lauder DayWear Anti-Oxidant 72H-Hydration Sorbet Creme SPF 15 which is the perfect morning moisturiser. I love Estée Lauder moisturisers and this one doesn’t disappoint.
- Music – Like That – Bea Miller, Ride – TOBi, Move All Night – SNBRN, Cloud Party – MUTO, Tension – Jack & Jack
- Back to being mentally exhausted. Between eating like shit, not exercising and then spending too much time trying to make things work when they don’t, I’M DONE. To be honest I just need to give myself a break.
- Did I mention I’m really poor now that I booked my flights? Ugh.
- I’m going to repeat the same damn mistakes until I die, aren’t I?