Today has been a dreamy Sunday – full of friends, food and sunshine. Not to mention that it was almost summer weather again. I sat outside all morning with a coffee on my deck listening to music in my bikini. Completely unheard of. Honestly the best possible weekend to have after a pretty average week. Who can appreciate the highs without the lows though right?
- Yesterday was my friend Grace’s hens party which was fun but scary (how are we at an age where it’s normal to get married?). Beats me. Anyway, it was so fun to catch up with everyone from school and that will be in London for the wedding later this year.
- After the disappointing coffee (see below) JJ and I walked all over town looking for doughnuts . We ended up at Foxtrot Parlour to get our old favourite – the injectable doughnut with salted caramel and vanilla custard. It was our redemption food.
- When you can share your shit day with your best friend that also had a shit day and drink until 2am. Sometimes it’s just got to be done, you know? Adulting.
- Extremely Wicked Shockingly Evil and Vile on Netflix about Ted Bundy, told from his ex-girlfriends point of view. I didn’t like the confession tapes but I enjoyed seeing this all from someone else’s perspective. Especially someone who had no idea what was going on. So, so interesting and unfathomable.
- Kāpiti Feijoa and Pear Sorbet my old favourite. I went through an entire tub this week alone and was particularly good when I was feeling sick.
- Speaking of feijoa’s I made a crumble from them using this recipe at the start of the week – SO YUMMY.
- Sitting outside in the sun – hello summers back. JJ and I spent the better half of the day sitting on the deck, tanning and drinking cider. Can’t get much better than some quality time spent like that.
- The mini BLT at Bread & Butter in Ponsonby Central and an ice coffee is the best Saturday morning breakfast.
- I got this top in the mail this week and I’m in love. Kind of Zimmermann-esk but at a fraction of the price. Win-win.
- JJ and I went to Crumb to get an Espresso Shake and it was $10.50 for barely a cup of coffee. I take it back, it totally wasn’t worth it.
- I’m so bloody sick of riding what feels like a rollercoaster with some people.