There’s nothing quite like getting up early on a Sunday, making a healthy breakfast while catching up on four (yes, four) loads of washing. All before 10am I might add. I can’t even remember the last time I felt this good and awake for a weekend day. I thought that life would slow down once cuffing season hit and the weather dipped but it’s almost been the opposite. So today i’ve been catching up on all the work I’ve neglected as I prepare for the week ahead.
- Drinks with Soph (@sophieandreassend). We had talked about meeting up a few times over the past year or so and this week it finally happened. It’s so nice to meet someone that’s totally on the same level as you AND has the same interests. She’s a super talented photographer too so make sure you check her IG out!
- I’ve dived deep into the hole that is Youtube this week, especially when I needed something to fall asleep too. This weeks favourite is Allegra Shaw – she’s a fashion/beauty channel but also vlogs her day to day. Basically I just want her life.
- Music: Navajo – Masego, Flames – SG Lewis, Waiting For You – problem solved & Sabrina Gunston, Let’s Fly Away Together – GANZ, Summer Time – Tish Hyman
- This article on The Man Repeller “Peak Maturity: Accepting That You’re A Cliche” is so relevant right now.
- The rainy season in Auckland is almost here and more often than not it pours. The best possible thing I’ve bought in preparation for this is this Rains jacket which is A. very waterproof and B. windproof. Plus it’s so easy to carry around and looks like it’s part of the outfit rather than a rain jacket. Literally have worn it every day.
- I’ve made myself sick eating the Cookie Crumble slice from Countdown Bakery but it has been worth it. Best $3 I’ve spent for a Sunday evening.
- On that note: I’ve been so into sweet and salty popcorn lately. I don’t know where these weird cravings are coming from but I’m embracing it. So much better than chips when you’re drinking too.
- I started listening to Crime Junkie podcast this week which is another good one for true crime lovers.
- Watching Steph Clair Smith & Laura Henshaw’s engagement videos. I don’t know how I stumbled upon them but they were cute.
- One of my favourite European stores & Other Stories is now stocked on ASOS – bye bye money!
- EVERY SINGLE DAY this week I’ve come home and napped. Am I just getting old? Can I not handle big weekends out anymore? Who knows. All I know is podcasts are really good to fall asleep too.
- I feel like when one part of your life is going really well, another one isn’t. Bye bye, love life. Lol.
- I can’t stop eating shit food. Like I actually am eating double everyday. WHAT IS HAPPENING. RIP body for Europe.