Another week is done and dusted, and with that comes a whole set of new highs and lows. I’m going to make this little intro a quick one since I’ve had a migraine for the past 3 hours and I’m still struggling a little. It’s been a while since I’ve had one and I forgot how much they knock me out. So much for having a quiet weekend giving my body a break. It feels like I had a huge night last even though I spent the night at home with Netflix. Anyway, let’s get into the good stuff so I can call it a night early.
- I’ve binged What/If on Netflix all weekend, finishing it this morning. SO GOOD. From the creators of Revenge, it’s a twisted drama that definitely keeps you on your toes. Honestly probably one of the better series I’ve watched in a while.
- Along with that my friend JJ introduced me to This Is Us. It’s a series feat. Mandy Moore which follows a family navigating life but switches between current life and flashbacks. It made me cry twice in the first two episodes but so far I really like it. You can stream it on TVNZ too.
- The new Toffee Pops Peanut Butter flavour has to be my favourite yet. I ate them so quickly yesterday and I’m pretty tempted to buy more before I go home tonight. Bye bye summer bod.
- Because I’ve been suffering from a migraine most of the day I’ve roped Lauren into cooking me dinner. How good are friends though?
- For music this week Tyler The Creator’s new album IGOR is pretty good. So is Lana Del Rey’s new track Doin’ Time. I’ve also been so into Climax by Young Thug & 6lack.
- I got sent the new La Mer Lip Volumiser and Lip Balm on Friday and I’m so into both. Fun fact: I own hardly any lip products so I appreciate getting sent anything lip related to try. I love the Lip Volumiser because it smells like peppermint, has a beautiful shine and is comfortable on the lips (AKA not sticky). Also it tingles a little bit to plump your lips but in a subtle way.
- Kelsey and I walked to Bread and Butter yesterday and I had the best savoury brioche. I forgot how good the food was there. Also I got a little madeline to curb my sweet craving. Very yummy.
- Sounds boring but I made one of my flatmate’s Hello Fresh boxes the other day and it had the best basic salad. All it included was pear sliced, mesclun, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. So good on the side of pasta.
- My migraine today. I’d been feeling off all day, managed to shoot with Sophie and then as soon I went to walk home BAM. Spent the rest of the day in JJ’s bed sleeping it off since I couldn’t make it home.
- I feel like I’m hungover when I’m not. This sucks.
- I seriously need to work out.
Read More Highs & Lows Here