- Stolen Inspiration turned 10! I need a medal for sticking at something so long – if you know me well, you’ll know this is a pretty big deal.
- I was so discouraged with life at the start of the week. Then Friday came with a heap of good news and overall I’m excited now for what next week is going to bring. Sometimes opportunities pop up just at the right time, especially after a lull, and you just know it’s a sign you have to go for it.
- On Friday I celebrated le blog birthday at Mekong Baby. We ended up getting the “Let’s Eat” menu which is a set dinner of all their best plates after a couple too many cocktails (you have to try the Miss Saigon – so delish). As a person that doesn’t eat much meat I’ve been converted, the pork belly was amazing! I’d 100% recommend to any Asian fusion lovers.
- I met Sophie for lunch at the new Eat Drink Laugh cafe in Ponsonby for lunch yesterday and it was really good. I recommend the fish tacos, they were simple but delicious. The salads there looked amazing too – food envy-inducing.
- Grace and I went shopping yesterday arvo to find her a wedding suit (swoon) and go to the Lux Hoyts with my movie vouchers. We saw Aladdin (thanks Soph for the recommendation) which I have to say was just a beautiful movie to watch. I’d completely forgotten the storyline so it brought back all the feels. Also, Lux seats with free drinks and popcorn were a huge bonus.
- I got given the new Olaplex Shampoo & Conditioner and I’m converted. The shampoo is my favourite because it’s so damn creamy. I’m going to be savouring every last drop.
- It was Maté’s birthday this week so everyone in the office went go-karting. Can I just say IT WAS SO MUCH FUN? I am 100% going to go back.
- I’ve been trying out the Sunday Riley Martian Mattifying Melting Gel Toner and so far I’m really enjoying it. You can apply with your hands which is a big bonus for me. My skin has been really bad the last couple of months so I’m trying to make a better effort at adding the in-between steps – especially toning. This one comes out green but melts into your skin. Very lush.
- Music: Flames – SG Lewis, 9 to 5 – Harrison Brome, Without You – Emmit Fenn, Miles and Miles – Cameron Gainley, Waiting For You – problem solved, Bust It Open – Cool Company
- This isn’t really a low but kind of. So you know how it takes you FOREVER to finally feel like you’re over someone. I got that this week, kind of like the final nail in the coffin – you’re actually kind of a dick moment. Hallelujah. Now onwards and upwards.
- I go on holiday in a matter of weeks and my body is in fact NOT HOLIDAY READY. ugh.
- I think I’ve gone and put something in motion that’s going to turn everything upside down again.