I think this work full time-have a social life thing is catching up to me. With arriving back from Melbourne on Monday, to catching up for drinks on Thursday followed by leaving on another trip on Friday I just ran out of time to do a mid-week post. Sorry! I actually hate not sticking to my schedule but you know, some weeks just don’t go to plan. Anyway, now that I’m back home from a relaxing weekend and have a lot to talk about let’s dive into the highs and lows of the week, shall we?
- Ending my week the usual way – Facetime-ing my friend Tori while organising my life AKA unpacking from three weeks ago. After all, they’re not your true friends if you haven’t cleaned your room over the internet in front of them… haha.
- I’ve just come back from spending the weekend with family down at Mount Maunganui and it was heaven. I’ve missed living close to the beach so much and it was just nice to feel like I have had an actual holiday. Especially after how hectic Melbourne was the last weekend.
- Our family friend down at the Mount has a farm and I got to go visit it for the first time in years. It’s insane the number of animals he has and how friendly they all are. Also just SO nice to get out of the city for a while. You can take the girl out of the country…
- I was feeling pretty flat before I went to Melbourne. I think winter just gets to me. Anyway, this week I’ve run into so many random scenarios that gave me a better perspective on life. Honestly, I think sometimes you need to be rattled to appreciate what you have.
- Drinks at Chapel on Thursday with Kara. Love the spontaneity and finally a breather from work. Also, how good are wines at a pub vs. fancy restaurant?
- I got sent a heap of Mecca goodies and I’m so excited to try them. I’ve already used the Hourglass lipgloss in Mecca Glow which is super pretty, and I’m so into the Laura Mercier Rogue Essential Lipsticks. Also, the Goldfaden MD Skincare Doctor’s Scrub feels amazing.
- Also I was gifted the Garnier SkinActive face masks with some Cali Press health shots. I drank the shots which were interesting but #health and I love the Vitamin C Shot mask. I am desperate to fix my skin before I got to Europe so you know the other one is going on my face tonight.
- Music: Sculpted – Tobiahs, Without You – Lapalux, Satisfied – Robotaki, My Heart Knows – Mark U
- I updated my phone last week and then my alarm stopped working so I ended up late to work. Plus side, I had fun liming to work but the downside, that shit is stressful. Now I keep waking up waiting for my alarm.
- Life’s too damn short to take it early.