Yesterday I got back from a trip to Seoul so I thought it would be a good chance to cover some of my favourites in a highs & lows post. Plus, I need a break from tanning (more like frying) in this 34+ degree heat. Why did nobody warn me it was going to be SO hot in Korea?
- I love Seoul! It’s such a cool city and I definitely recommend a visit if you’re in the area. It’s just so vibrant. I think it’s particularly great that you can wander into parts of the city that are surrounded by forest.
- The shopping in Seoul needs a special mention since I managed to experience “shopping inception” where I got completely lost. Which by the way was awesome. I entered one mall, went through another and ended up leaving out of third mall on the other side of the street. MADNESS.
- Style Nanda Pink Hotel. I love Style Nanda and I always have (see way back here in my “what the hell am I doing style-wise phase”). I never dreamed their store was this insane or that I’d get to shop it IRL. It’s structured to look like a hotel, everything is pink and every floor is themed.
- I love that Korea seems to be on my time. Wake late, sleep never. Even post-shopping at 10:30pm you will still see everyone grabbing late dinners and enjoying the milder evening warmth. My favourite thing to do is explore cities by night and Seoul was made for it.
?Seoul, SOUTH KOREA
- I had the BEST Pad Thai of my life there. Insanely good. I went twice.
- I watched The 9th Life of Louis Drax the other night and I thought it was good. The first couple of minutes had us convinced it we weren’t going to like it but I was pleasantly surprised. Big ups for movies with a surprise twist too.
- Lana Del Rey’s new album of course, I’ve had it on repeat all week. My favourite song is In My Feelings which you might already know if you follow me on Facebook. By the way, if you want more music updates I’m thinking about posting more of them on there each week.
- I can’t buy much since my luggage is already overweight. It’s SO sad because Korea really does have the most insane shops I’ve ever seen.
- I’m so visually ruled. Like, I keep wanting to change things on my blog and it kind of gives me OCD. I did change my logo though and I really like the new font – felt like it was time for a change. What do you think?
- I’m going to put together a travel video but my laptop is quickly running out of disk space. Ugh.