Another week, another high and lows. Tonight I’m planning on having a shower, watching a movie in bed and having an early night. After a night of spontaneously celebrating the final weekend of me being 25, you could say I’m a little worse for wear. This week has been a pretty great one though and I feel really fortunate for my current life in Auckland after it taking so long to settle in.
- My final weekend of 25! I turn 26 on Tuesday and I can’t believe I’ll officially be in my late twenties. Time really does fly, but I’m enjoying the ride.
- During the week my friend Lauren and I went to the premiere of IT 2 and it was the best movie I’ve seen in a really long time. Jay Ryan who stars in the film was there to introduce it too. Such a good cast and storyline, I really really really enjoyed it. Plus, on the big screen, it feels like a WHOLE experience.
- The french toast from Friday’s I’m In Love cafe is amazing. It’s very sweet, so completely up my alley. The panna cotta is pure caramel too. Yum, yum, yum.
- Abrand released a new collaboration with Josephine Skriver and I’ve been wearing her jeans non-stop. They’re so comfy and Abrand jeans, in general, are so on point with their designs.
- JJ and I went to Men Of Steel a man strip show in Auckland and it was surprisingly fun. If you need to plan something for a hens party it would be perfect. Very last-minute decision but a very good one and the start of a very late fun night.
- This Witchey jacket is my new favourite. I love the structure of it and it’s such an easy piece to pair with dresses or jeans. Plus, I can’t get enough of beige lately – the more minimal the better.
- I got hooked on watching Veronica Mars throughout the week and I’m sad to say that I’ve already watched the whole thing. HATED the ending so if you’re a big fan and not in for tears, maybe skip it.
- Music: Big Jet Plane – Angus & Julia Stone, How Do You Sleep? – Sam Smith, Mile High – Noah North, Pour Me – Jurdan Bryant
- Periods. Like why do girls have to go through so much shit. Anyway, mine this week was hell.
- Playing the same emotions on a loop.
- I have no time for people that can’t talk through their emotions. If you’re going to be angry about something, own it – or don’t show it.