Okay seriously, how is it already March? and Autumn? and already getting darker? I thing the thing that’s more depressing that the cold after daylight savings is the fact that it’s already dark when I get home from work. For now I guess the best thing to do is make the most of the lingering summer by taking walks at night time and swimming in the ocean late into the evening. I guess this is officially the start to all of the change – that and I’m moving houses tomorrow. Continue reading for the highs and lows of the week…
- We went to shoot Ella on our lunch break after looking for a secluded beach, only to find out that the beach we chose was a nudist beach. I had nooo idea there was such a thing in Auckland, but now I see why it’s so popular. And it provided a lot of entertainment.
- Fashion Lane is an absolute must if you’re trying to save! As I’ve mentioned several times in the past, I’m the ultimate deal hunter when it comes to shopping, and this site my new holy grail. Basically it groups together heaps of stores, including my favourites ASOS and The Iconic, and shows you all their discounted products in one place. Also, if you like an item but can’t afford the full price you can sign up for price alerts that let you know if it goes on sale. BONUS, it tells you all the valid discount codes for the stores too. Yeah, it is basically a shoppers dream, I’ve been checking the Today Sale page everyday which shows all the price drops in the past 24/48 hours – sooo handy.
- Finally sorted my life out and I’m moving houses tomorrow. I think another fresh start will be the perfect way to get into a better routine, especially by saving over an hour and a half on travel everyday.
- Today Grace, Jess and I went to Blind Basket in Takapuna and it’s a must visit. Awesome interiors and food (and smoothies pictured above), the only thing that’s wrong with it is that it’s forever away from where I live.
- Late night trip to Ben & Jerry’s with the flatmates (I’m going to miss you guys). Strawberry Cheesecake and Triple Caramel Chunk is a winning combo.
- Spontaneous trips to visit Grace – it’s just nice to have company, even if I’m sleeping on her bed while she’s busy doing her uni work. That’s true friendship right there.
- This week has felt too long, probably because I’ve been anticipating the big move since Monday.
- How does anyone move their beds in this city!?
- Trying to save but just wanting to spend. It’s a tiring battle. And yeap, life wasn’t hard for me this week.