This week started in Auckland, moved to Dunedin and now I’m sitting in a hotel room in Wellington – to say I have a warped sense of time is an understatement. I’ve come up here after moving home for my graduation yesterday and it’s been nice to visit Wellington (my favourite city in New Zealand by the way) once again after a couple of years, it is after all my old stomping ground. I’ve given tonight’s dinner a miss to enjoy a quiet night in with the family, watching TV and catching my breathe after what feels like an entire month of being non stop. I have something special planned for when I get home, so I thought sharing my highs and lows of the week would be a nice way to update you all on what’s been happening annnnd I’m not even sorry that my last recap wasn’t a week ago.
- I finally graduated! I finished my communication degree almost a year ago (and have been working ever since) so it feels a little strange to come back just to get the certificate but I’m so happy to be able to say I did it.
- Showing the family around Wellington. I lived here for two years and barely had a visit the entire time, so showing all my favourite cafes/places/walks around time feels long overdue and I think I’ve sold them on it.
- Getting to see everyone in Auckland before I left – I usually skip saying my goodbyes because A. they suck and B. it becomes a full time job organising it all, but this time it worked.
- Organising a little last minute surprise for you all 😉
- Te Papa WWI exhibit is a must see if you’re around, it’s incredible!
- The Library’s “Sea Salt & Caramel Fudge Martini” hooooly, this cocktail is amazing. Also, special mention to cocktails in El Horno and Vinly Bar. We went bar hopping with the parents and I definitely made the most of the free alcohol, so yummy.
- I’m finding it really hard to catch up on sleep when my mind races at night. I end up waking up a lot throughout the night 🙁
- Feels like I have an endless list of to-do and once one is ticked off, another one is added.
- Missing my Auckland fam already..