Wow, it’s been a long time since I talked about my highs and lows! One thing I’ve missed since quitting work is the weekly routine – yeah, I did just write that. The reason why I struggle with writing my weekly recaps is because all of my days blend into each other. Plus, moving through 10 different countries over a period of 4 months really throws you off. In fact, over the past week I’ve been in 3 different countries so you can understand my confusion. It’s sunday night here in Croatia, so it’s the perfect time to get you up to speed with my week.
- Mum and I spent 48 hours exploring Rome before catching our flight to Croatia and it was completely worth it. We spend the days exploring the Sistine Chapel, Colosseum, Roman Forum and the Trevi Fountain. While I’ll definitely be going back to explore more, it was a great introduction to the city. Plus, Italy has fucking good pasta. Oh, and I got to see “The Creation of Adam” which I studied at school so that was cool too.
- I read “The Girl on the Train” by Paula Hawkins while on the train to Nice (lol) after grabbing it from Shelby and it was kind of therapeutic to get out of my own head for 12 hours. It’s similar kind of thing to Gone Girl, so if you liked that I’d recommend giving it a go. Now I can’t wait to watch the movie!
- My iPhone 7. So basically, I had no interest in the new release from Apple. Fast forward to my phone getting stolen in Barcelona and now I couldn’t go back – quality is SO GOOD.
- On that note, I’ve been pretty active on Snapchat and Instagram stories since I got the new phone.
- Music wise; Ivy – Frank Ocean, Sun Goes Down – Jimmy Johnson, Finding Hope – Let Go ft. Deverano (INSTATIC Remix) have been on repeat. Mostly because my Spotify won’t let me log in anymore since I’m overseas so I can’t listen to my playlists, boooo.
- Travelling with Mum. It’s a welcome change from living in hostels and constantly being on the move. Kind of a holiday from travel really.
- I’ve been addicted to listening to the Undisclosed podcast after finishing Serial and it’s a must listen. Plus, podcasts in general are a necessity if you are travelling this much. It actually follows on from the first season of Serial but is explored from a lawyers perspective rather than a journalist – *spoiler* I’m sure he’s innocent now.
- I can’t get slingback heels out of my head this pair in pink, and in black croc are top of my wishlist right now.
- Also, this Chloe lookalike bag by Belle & Bloom is going to be mine ASAP. I’m just craving everything in pink.
- I’ve been watching Jon Olsson and Erik Conover on Youtube a lot lately, mostly because they’re so easy watch. They both daily vlog, travel and are really into creating quality videos. Plus, it’s always fun to see how the other half live.
- Mum and I got the most amazing pastries from a place around the corner from where we stayed, pictured above. That is what I consider food porn for sure!
- It’s sooo good to be back in Croatia. It’s so familiar in a way, kind of like a home away from home.
- I’ve felt this every now and again since creating my blog, but lately I’ve been doubting whether I should continue. Sometimes it feels like it’s pointless no matter how much effort I put in when you don’t see the numbers increase on the page. I know probably shouldn’t worry about this, but Instagram makes it so damn hard to forget.
- Spotify locking me out of my account. I’m considering signing up to Soundcloud just because it seems easier to sort out.
- I’m moving to London in another weeks time and that’s kind of scaring the shit out of me.
- Facebook JUST blocked me from my account with the only way to access it being my stolen phone number. Fantastic.