First week of 2017 is done and dusted and I’m just here trying to remember what I’ve been doing. That’s the problem with not having some kind of routine – for the past 9 months I’ve been living day to day without any sense of time. I’m living ‘day by day’ to the extreme. Luckily, I remember to pull out my phone and take photos on the odd occasion so I have something to share with you all and to remind myself. So with that being said, here are my highs and lows for the first week of 2017…
- Catching up with Kelsey and Leah when I made a fleeting visit to Dunedin. While I’m happy to adventure around by myself, I’m definitely someone who is ‘recharged’ by my friends. It’s also such a bonus to have them all over the country/world since I’ve moved around so much.
- On that note, having friends that you can have a couple of wines with and get so carried away with chatting, next thing it’s 2:30am and you forgot you’re meant to be going out.
- I was given a Wacom Intuos tablet for Christmas (thanks Dad!) and I’ve been going crazy using it. I used it to draw all over this post. It’s super easy to navigate and so good for being creative. Perfect inspiration boost as I’ve been so flat lately.
- Netflix is the answer to any hangover. Most of the time I fall asleep to it but yesterday I ended up getting hooked on the Netflix series Lovesick – I watched it until 2am. It’s quite light hearted, funny and is an easy watch when you’re kind of dying.
- Finally got my Goldie Réalisation Par dress in the mail since it didn’t come before Christmas and I was away after that. Totally worth it if you’ve been considering buying one. Although, I didn’t realise the material would be ultra thin, I definitely wouldn’t recommend any of the white pieces or you’ll be showing e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g off.
- Kind of love anything wicker lately. Mum and Dad have always had some form of it in our house while I was growing up so it’s cool that it’s become ‘trendy’ now.
- My Senso Freya Sandals because they’re so soft and suede-y. Plus, they’re on sale here if you’re interested!
- Eggplant. Just because, so good. Also, French Toast.
- Central Otago summer. Even if it’s bloody unpredictable, nothing will ever beat it. It feels like home.
- Obsessed with online shopping as per. These are some of the pieces that made it into my wishlist this week:
- Literally never listen to top 40 so I pretty much have no idea what any of the songs that play in town are.
- Starting to get sick 🙁
- Falling back into old habits & old obsessions. Happens every time I come home…
- Petty high school dramaaaaazzz. Not sure how people don’t change in the least after 5 years?