So after a very short lived visit to NYC, it’s back to the real world for me. I guess that’s the best way to explain it after coming from New Zealand – New York is a completely different world. Everything is all go, all the time. It definitely is the city that never sleeps and if it’s your type of thing, you would never have to sleep either. So of course I’m going to write up a lot more about my entire experience but while I’m still very jet lagged and still yet to sort through the millions of photos I took I thought a weekly re-cap would give you a little insight into my week exploring this city.
- For starters I can’t express not only how lucky I have been not only to be flown over to NYC for an amazing 5 days, but to have been working with the best bunch of people. The Impulse team, from the bloggers to the PR girls and production team, came from all over the world yet we can all relate on a creative level, which is something that I’ve always struggled to find blogging here at home.
- On that note, meeting and exploring with complete strangers. It’s crazy how close you can feel to people you only met a few days later and I think that’s the really special thing about traveling.
- We got to meet the amazing Ann Gottlieb (I’ll go into this more in depth later) and she’s extremely inspiring for women everywhere. There’s just this whole energy about her that makes you want to strive for success, and she’s always impeccably dressed. Life goals right there.
- The view from the Top of the Rock. When you walk through the city you can never really take in how huge the city is, but when you’re above it staring down there’s no way you can overlook it. Breathtaking.
- Impulse in general. I used to be a big fan back when I was at school and I forgot how handy it is, especially travelling. I’m always breaking my perfumes when I travel with them so it was my fragrance savour while I was away.
- The Standard Hotel. The food is awesome at the restaurant, the tables are all marble and the people that work there are lovely. Special shout of to Kevin, our favourite 😉
- As you’ve probably seen on my Instagram I wore a lot of new Ruby pieces while I was away and I got endless compliments on everything – go NZ designers!
- Shopping! I went a little too crazy but how can you not when there’s & Other Stories, Zara, Reformation, Artizia and amazing vintage stores to boot.
- I obviously have to mention The Weeknd’s album release because I’m obsessed. Prisoner featuring Lana Del Rey (!) is my favourite.
- Post-New York depression. I miss everyone.
- Extreme jet-lag that I’m struggling with now – I’m pretty much a walking zombie.
- Not getting this do all the things I wanted to do, but it just makes me more determined to return of course.